What drives us at Fylde Coast Soccer is the desire to help players, from beginners to our eldest or more experienced players, to fulfil their full potential in a pressure-free, FUN environment. We want to produce technically excellent, 2 footed players who are creative, inventive, good decision makers who can play in any team & in a number of positions & excel. At FCS we focus on individual player development first, not the team.
Our coaches don’t believe in the saying “there is no ‘I’ in team; we know there is a squad full of ‘I’s within any team ! We want to create a squad of technicians who can pass, receive, outplay opponents with & without the ball, stay on the ball under pressure, twist & turn to unlock defences or retain the ball. If we don’t then our players will have limited impact…if we do the team thrives !
HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE THIS ? Our Professional, Academy-standard, structured sessions will have a focus on certain aspects of the game to give the players repetition & decisions to make with & without the ball. The focus would replicate what players regularly experience in a competitive match. A typical session will look like this:
Ball mastery (ball each)
1v1 practices to introduce topic
Topic related practice in small numbers
Topic related small sided games aimed at achieving sessions outcomes
Possibly playing an age appropriate match (5v5, 7v7, 9v9)
Debrief to quiz players & consolidate learning
THERES MORE !
To help accelerate our players technical ability, FCS have partnered up with MyPersonalFootballCoach.com. Their world-class Dynamic Ball Mastery programme is accessed though their app & can be used anytime, anywhere ! On signing for FCS , all players are given access.
Clients of MPFC include current BARCELONA, ENGLAND, PREMIER LEAGUE, FOOTBALL LEAGUE & YOUTH ACADEMY players, many of whom are youth Internationals for their respective countries...the programme works !
This unique partnership ensures our players have access a to world-class coaching programme at the touch of their hands to use as & when they want. It not only compliments our coaching curriculum brilliantly, it also allows our coaches to focus less on ball mastery during sessions as players become more competent through using the app & allows us to plan superb sessions based on the apps content !
- ALL FCS players can expect at least half a match & equal playing time when possible.
- Players will be expected to play in a number of positions including GK so they can learn the game.
- We are looking to give our players all the tools they may need for the future & won’t pigeon-hole players into one position as this has a huge negative effect on long-term development.
- Whilst your child may be a fantastic defender at 7 years old or the best striker around; the attributes that allow this to happen at a young age change as players get older so players then need to adapt & can find this process a struggle without previous experience.
- Roberto Firmino, ‘the glue’ who allows Mane & Salah to shine in Liverpool’s famous front 3 played EVERY position throughout his youth development which is why he can head, dribble, defend, pass, anticipate & read the game so well.
- LFC’s legendary centre back Jamie Carragher was a striker who until recently held schoolboy goal-scoring records when he signed for the club; Rio Ferdinand, the Man Utd & England great became a world-class centre back but started off as a striker as well. The list is endless.